Sunday, June 27, 2010

Family Trip to DC

 A few weeks ago, my sister (I blogged about her here and here) had a horse show close to Washington DC. Since we were only 30 minutes away from DC, we decided to spend the rest of the day there. :) It was so hot, and we couldn't find anywhere to park! When we finally parked, it took a long time to walk to the Capitol. We weren't able to go inside, but I got some good pictures of the outside. :) This first one is probably my favorite.
 My parents. They wanted me to take a picture of them with the Capitol as the background. :) It turned out rather nicely. (This is sooc too!)
 Here is a picture of poor Mr. Pickles (Yes, I did name him Mr. Pickles)...He must not have stored enough nuts to survive the spring. :P
 Outside of the Air and Space museum, after it had rained. :) If you look closely you can see raindrops on the leaves.
Another view of the Capitol building. I like this one too. :)
Like I said before...I'm still not sure how we survived the 90-some degree heat, and all that walking. I was quite tired and hot and irritable. I would like to go back on a cooler day, and see the National Photo Gallery (I believe it's on 8th Street)...I want to see Mathew Brady's (the Civil War photographer) photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)