Saturday, December 25, 2010

Favorites

Merry Christmas!
I hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday...I know I have! 
I wanted to share some pictures of my favorite presents this year. :)

Sometimes it's the small things that bring the most pleasure...This necklace is from my grand-dad, (I picked it out, but he bought it for me). :) I'd have to say that it is quite possibly the best gift I've ever received. 
Simple gifts.
This is also from Grand-dad...But I didn't know he had gotten it for me. :) It's a tiny violin ornament. It's super cute, and it means something to me because I play the violin (I like to call it a fiddle). I took lessons for almost 4 years, and have been playing for a total of 7-ish (maybe closer to 8) years. So this is a favorite gift too. :)
Fiddle Lover
And because I couldn't take just one picture of it...Here is another photo that I love of the tiny fiddle. :)
ViolinOrnament
And this is David Klinkenberg's Christmas CD. :)
Klink. :)
This CD makes me feel like I've died and gone to Heaven...I'm not even kidding. 
Every track on the CD is just so relaxing. The guy can fiddle! I wish I could play like he does...
And did I mention that he's handsome?? :)
I recommend this CD for anyone who likes relaxing fiddle music.
(I really want to get his two other CD's, but until I get money for that, I'll settle for watching the videos of those songs on YouTube).
Oh, and because my mind works randomly, I thought I'd tell you that it's been a year since I bought my Nikon D-SLR, Brady.
I can't even say how much I've learned about photography since then. I mean, I learned to shoot in manual, I learned what makes a good portrait, and every time I pick up my camera, I learn something that I didn't know before! :)
Yep, I think that's all for now, but I have a lot of posts to write this week, so keep checking back!
Again, Merry Christmas! Enjoy the evening...
~Valerie

1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day! :)