Thursday, January 6, 2011

Annoying Things

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first installment of "Things that annoy Valerie."
(Do I need to explain? The title says it all).
During this post, you will be introduced to my sarcastic/snarky side. I am sure that some of you are thinking, "How is that possible?" and/or "How can this be? Sweet, innocent Valerie? No, it must be some mistake." Ooooh, I assure you, it is possible, and it is no mistake. My dark side has been waiting, just waiting, for the opportune moment to bring on the sarcasm, and absolutely terrorize the un-suspecting, innocent, and less-snarky blog go-ers. *Insert evil laugh here* Muwahahahah!
*Clears throat* Ahem. Yeah...
Let's move on to the annoying things, shall we?

The first thing on my list is...Blogs that play music. Oh, I think you know what I'm talking about, but if, by some chance you don't know what I mean, here's a paragraph that will help explain the annoying-ness of it.

Picture this.
You have your favorite iTunes playlist blasting while you're checking your Facebook, when you decide to click on that link for a photo-blog your friend shared. The page loads when *BAM* your ears are greeted with a horrifying mash-up of Taylor Swift (your playlist) and the music that is playing on the blog (The Beatles, Mariah Carey, take your pick). Whatever it is, it does NOT sound pretty. Deafened by the awful racket, you almost knock yourself out as you're scrambling to turn down the speakers. You quickly exit the web-page with the blog, and as your heartbeat returns to normal pace, you make a mental note to yourself:
1. Use extreme caution when visiting blogs,
and 2. Always have one hand on the volume control.

Perhaps this very thing has happened to you.
Your dreams were probably haunted with the awful noise, and you might not have been able to sleep for days...

Or, perhaps your blog is the one that plays the music...And I hold no hard feelings against you for it, but music players on blogs do have tendencies to give one a mini heart-attack, as I described two paragraphs ago. Can you understand why I think it's annoying?

Anyway, thank you for tuning into today's episode of "Things that annoy Valerie."
It's been delightful. :)
Come back next week to hear my thoughts/sarcastic comments on other annoying things!
~Valerie

PS. I'm going to be re-doing the "Portfolio" page, because the upload quality of Blogger stinks. So if that page is missing, don't freak out. It is a temporary problem and it will be returned to (better-than) normal before long.

PPS. If anyone has any suggestions for a title for this little series(?) I'm starting, I am open to suggestions. Something that would sound better than "Things that annoy Valerie."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)