Monday, March 28, 2011

Emily M. {mini shoot}

Two weeks ago, my friend Emily was on Spring Break.
I haven't had anyone schedule a photo shoot lately, so I asked her if I could do a 10-15 minute session with her (free, of course) while she was on break.
 She agreed, and I got to "shoot" her. :D

Emily is so pretty! I think you'll agree with me after you see the pictures. :)


I always love it when the very first photo from the session turns out good. 
This was the "testing the light" shot. Oh yeah! :)
DSC_0267_Emily
Below is my absolute favorite from the session. :)
DSC_0264_Emily

DSC_0266_Emily

DSC_0283_Emily
Props to Emily, because she didn't mind sitting in the street for me. I told her I would watch her back if she would watch mine. We're okay. Neither of us got hit by a car. :)
DSC_0290_Emily
Here's another favorite. :)
DSC_0292_Emily
I love this one too! :)
DSC_0295_Emily
Here's my second favorite from the shoot! 
I just adore this photo...Emily is so gorgeous! :)
DSC_0298_Emily
I love using the brown antiqued presets on Lightroom. :) 
DSC_0300_Emily
I love this one also. :)
DSC_0304_Emily

DSC_0307_Emily
What more can I say? I have extremely good-looking friends! :)
DSC_0308_Emily
Emily, thank you so much for letting me shoot you. 
I'm glad that you were up for it! :)
You're a great friend, and I'm so happy that I know you. :)
I hope you enjoy the photos!
~Valerie

1 comment:

  1. So it said on your about me page that you welcome critique.. so here goes. I really like the first four best, the backgrounds are nice and out of focus and really help draw to her face more. I do find myself being distracted by her shirt though, clothing without words works best for photoshoots. I encourage you to get closer to your subject, and move them out of the middle of the frame. In the second to last shot, if there had been more empty space on the right it would have given the impression that she was looking out at something. Instead it just looks like she's looking away from the camera. Make sense? Hope I helped a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day! :)