day 5: a picture of my favorite memory.
It's story time! :D
In 2007, I went with my aunt, uncle, and cousin to Ocean City, MD for vacation.
My cousin, Paige, and I decided we wanted to pull a little joke on her dad. She had brought along some clear fingernail polish, and when her parents weren't looking, we painted her dad's bar of soap with fingernail polish. Because it was clear, he couldn't tell we had done anything to it. (Earlier, I had made a comment to my aunt about needing to re-paint my fingernails, so when she smelled the nail polish, she assumed that I had painted my nails. Not the bar of soap). :D
Well, during lunch that day, I couldn't take it much longer...I had to find out what happened when he tried to use it. So I said something like, "Uncle Allan, how was your soap this morning?" He replied and said about how it didn't lather up much. He wanted to know if we sprayed hair spray near it or something to make it not lather up.
I about died from laughing.
Paige and I confessed that we had painted it with clear nail polish, and that was why it wouldn't lather. :D
We all shared a good laugh, but little did I know that we were in for it.
Later, we had just gotten back from swimming, so Paige and I put our swimsuits in the wash. We turned on the TV, and we were just chilling on the couch, not paying any attention to what my devious uncle was doing.
He had taken our swimsuits out of the wash, put them in a plastic bag, poured water over them so they were soaked, and put them in the freezer.
When we were getting ready to go to the beach the next day, we couldn't find our swimsuits. Still not suspecting anything, we (Paige and I) asked where they were. Uncle Allan got them out, and they were frozen together in a chunk of ice.
(Sorry for the bad quality of the photo...It was taken with a very lame camera).
We ended up having to use warm water to thaw them out/pull them apart, and Paige and I had to wear wet swimsuits to the beach.
We laughed about it, but let me tell you. We did not try to pull any more tricks on him. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your lovely comments make my day! :)