Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Voice told me to trust.

I feel like I've been MIA (Missing In Action) for the last several weeks. :( I've been so super busy without much time for blogging, and it's not going to be any better over the Summer. 
Daisy
Let me explain to you what has been going on in my life the last few weeks. :)

First, I have a 5 page paper to finish for English 101, (I still have 1.5 pages to write before it's due on Monday).

I have finals in English 101 and in Art 101 (Intro to Visual Arts) next week. Lots of studying has been going on. :)

I'm graduating in less than a month, and I'm trying to get all my homeschool books finished.

Then there's my Summer job (which is really what this post is about).

I applied at a place where I would be working for their Summer day camps, and I didn't hear back for a long time after my interview, so I assumed that I wouldn't be working there, and I signed up to be a Summer Missionary with Child Evangelism Fellowship (they really needed people to sign up). 

I filled out CEF's Summer Missionary application and I was accepted. 

Then on Wednesday, we stopped to get our mail on our way to church. 
I had received a packet from the first camp I applied at, it said 
"Hello Valerie, We welcome you to our 2011 camp staff!" 
and it had my schedule included.

I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach. 

Now I had two people relying on me, and I really wanted to work at both places! 

I knew that I would have to let someone down, and that made me sick. 

I don't like to let people down.

Mom told me to ask Pastor Brian (my youth pastor) for advice, and I decided I would ask him and some other leaders.

Pastor Brian told me to pray about it, as did everyone else I asked.

 I kept praying that a solution could be found easily, and that I could have the wisdom to know which job to choose.
I got a peaceful feeling, and I felt a Voice saying
 "TRUST ME."
When I got home from youth group, I asked my dad what I should do. 
After some thinking and looking at my schedule, we found that I could possibly work at both places, if I rearranged my schedule at the first camp, and if I gave up going to summer camp for fun. 
Sacrifice.
I immediately emailed both employers, and informed them of the situation. 
Both were super understanding, and everything has worked out so far. 


It looks like I will be working at both places this Summer.
I wrote out my schedule yesterday, and I am going to be so busy!

My sister joked and said that everyone should throw me a farewell party, because I'm not going to be home much. :)

I think I am going to have a blast this summer. 
I will be working with kids every week, teaching them about God and about following Him, and I think it's going to be awesome!
I know I'm going to be exhausted, but I know it will be worth it
I say BRING IT ON. I'm ready. 
(Or, I will be ready...Once I finish my 5 page paper). :D
~Valerie

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. It's no nice to see God working in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day! :)