Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fairplay Days.

Last Saturday/Sunday was Fairplay Days (they have a jousting tournament and a car show), and Sunday happened to be my Dad's day off work. So after church, my family decided to have a picnic at a park close to our church, and then head to the park? Ruritan? Whatever. I can't remember what it was...I was tired, okay? :P
It was quite interesting...I had never seen jousting (in real life) before, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought maybe they would be dressed up in armor and 2 people would be charging towards each other with big long sticks. :D
I asked Dad if it would be like that, and he laughed at me. He said that if I wanted to see that, I would have to go to a Renaissance fair.
Turns out that this jousting was different from the kind I was thinking about. :D
All you had to do is get the stick-thing through the little tiny metal ring.
Three times in a row.
While riding a horse.
Oh, and it had to be done in under 9 seconds.
Easy, right?
Ha! I wouldn't be able to do it...
Athough, I might want to try it sometime because it looked fun.

It was hard to photograph the horses when they were moving so fast, but I managed to get a few decent photos and wanted to post them. :)

I think the photo below is my favorite of the jousting.
I love how the horse looks...



And here is a picture of Kim watching the horses. :)
Did I mention something about the car show?
Umm, yeah...by the time we went to see the cars (after the tournament was over) all but two of them were gone. :'( But I took this photo, just because it looked cool and the cars were shiny. :D
Stay tuned...I've got a shoot sometime this week (we're thinking Tuesday). I can't wait!
~Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)