Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On MacBooks and Prayer...

It's here!!!
My laptop, Fitzwilliam (yes, I am naming it Fitzwilliam, hehe), is here.

I want to tell you the story about my computer, because it's really neat. :)
 (But you don't have to read it all, if you don't feel like it).


I wanted my own computer.

I had decided that it would be best for me to have my own computer, so I wouldn't always be using my parents' computer for pictures and everything with my photography (I also needed it for school research, but the main thing was my photos).

I started looking at laptops on sale in the Sunday paper advertisements. 
And I thought, "Hmm, I read somewhere that Macs are good for photos and other stuff with photography...I'll look at the prices and see if I can buy one."
But once I saw the prices, I was sure there would be no way for me to get one anytime soon.
So I started saving up for a PC.
I liked Toshiba, and looked at a bunch of their computers, but I didn't have enough money to buy one yet.
My parents told me to pray about it. To pray that God would send me the right computer at the right price.

But I didn't want to pray about it.
I figured that God had better (and bigger) things to do, and why would He be worried about me getting a computer?

I kept working (babysitting, milking cows, cleaning), doing whatever I could to make money that I could put towards a computer...

And it seemed like it was taking forever to save enough for a laptop, so finally, I gave in.

I prayed.

I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was something along the lines of,
 "God, I really need a computer. I would like a Mac, but it's okay if I don't get one right away. I just need something I can afford and something that I can use. Could You send me the right computer at the right time and price?? 'Kay, thanks!"
:D

Two or three days later (or it might've been a week, I don't remember exactly), I checked my email.

I had gotten a message from a lady who is friends with my parents.
We had just seen her a few weeks earlier, when they (her family) came for a visit. :)

Jen said that she had upgraded her computer and had been praying about who to give her old computer to.

She wanted to know if I was interested.

And that she would give it to me if I wanted it.

A three-year-old Macbook.
She didn't have to ask twice.

My answer was..."Uhmm, YES!"

My faith is so weak!!!

I didn't think God would provide a computer, but He did.
And He took it a step farther, and got me a Mac! 
The kind of computer I wanted.

God does provide.
And I need to trust Him more.

Jen (who lives in France) was going to be in Baltimore MD, this week, so we made plans to meet yesterday and she would give me my computer then. :)

We had a snack at a little cafe, and she showed me how to use a Mac(I've never used Mac before!), and chatted for a little bit, then we parted ways. :)

You want to see a picture of it?
Okay.
Isn't it cute? :)
This is my "I'm excited to be getting a Mac!" face.
 (This was taken at the cafe, with the webcam that my laptop has). :D

Jen, I know I already said this, but your generosity and thoughtfulness have made it possible for me to have a Mac, and it means a LOT to me!
Thank you so much!!

And God? You rock. :) 
I'm really trying trust You more, but I am only human, and it's difficult for me.
But seriously...Thank you.
I love you!
~Valerie

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's so awesome :) Macs are great. I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it. God is in the details and even if it is a material thing. He knew it was something you desired and "needed" to go forth with your goals and dreams! Amen! How sweet He is!!
    ((HUGS))
    Kelly K

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, that's too cool! I desperately want a Mac...maybe when my current computer dies :) Enjoy your sweet new laptop!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day! :)