Sunday, January 23, 2011

Text Talk [Annoying Things]

Hello, and welcome to the second installment of "Things that annoy Valerie."
In this post, we will be covering the topic of text talk.
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Or perhaps you don't know what I'm talking about, so, like last time, let me give you an example.

Girl 1: "hay. wuts up.
Girl 2: "nm. u?"
Girl 1: "same. y did u not go 2 da par-t last nite?"
Girl 2: "idk"
Girl 1: "u shud have gone!"
Girl 2: "i kno"
Girl 1: "mayb some ppl will have anoter par-t soon"
Girl 2: "if they do ill go"
Girl 1: "kewl"
Girl 2: "whatev...jk"
Girl 1: "ur mean! lol"

And it goes on...You get the idea.

This "text talk" could happen in an email, it could happen on a Facebook page, or it could happen during a text conversation (this is the most common, hence the name "text talk").

Yes, I admit that I am guilty of using text talk. When I am rushed, I find it easier to abbreviate than to spell out every word. However, I do not approve of its use in everyday language, and I am of the belief that it should be vanquished.

You should know that I will not hold it against you if you use text talk everyday. And I certainly hope you do not hate me for speaking my mind. I am just giving you a little glimpse into my brain by describing the (little) things that irk me.

Anyway, thank you for tuning in today! Come back next week to hear about something else that annoys me. :D
~Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)