Friday, July 15, 2011

Love. What does it really look like?

People (myself included) are quite misguided when it comes to love. 
We have bought into this Disney-fied (that's a word now, I just made it up), Hollywood-ified, horrid, selfish definition of love. We've turned love into this all-about what I can get out of the other person, how I can be satisfied, instead of being servants and serving everyone out of love. 
Disney says that love is being true to your heart and going after something that may be all wrong, but if it feels right, then it's cool.
Hollywood says that if you're "in love" with someone, sleep with them! It's all good. They may break up with you the next day, but don't worry. There are other fish in the sea, find someone else!
Everyone else says that love is whatever you make it, it can be whatever you want it to be.


So...What does love really look like?

How about a short (but very true) story?


"Once upon a time, the King (Jesus) made a long and treacherous journey (from Heaven to Earth) to seek the love of His life (all people). He engaged in a difficult and bloody battle (on the cross) with His Enemy (the Devil) in order to rescue His Beloved (you...me...everyone) from the clutches of evil. At one point, it seemed like He would be defeated (His death), but in the end He was victorious (His resurrection). Now, He stands face to face with His Beloved (you...me...everyone), cradles their face in His gentle nail-scarred hands, and says, "I love you. I chose you. I fought for you. I want to spend forever with you. You...yes, you are the love of My life," while He waits with expectant hope for a response from you...me...everyone."
~Crystal Kirgiss (YouthWalk Devotional)


That's SO beautiful!


True love.
I think that just about sums it up.


That's the most perfect love story to ever be written. Ever.


Jesus did all those things for us, because He's head-over-heels for us.


What's keeping you from falling head-over-heels for Jesus?


Think about it.


~Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)