It was a sunny August day.
Wedding day for Lesley and Mathew.
Wedding day for Lesley and Mathew.
I arrived at the church early and it was bustling with a flurry of activity.
Bridesmaids putting on make-up and taking selfies...
Groomsmen being goofy in the foyer...
People escorting Lesley to the restroom to make sure Mat wouldn't see her...
Excitement was in the air.
And I was especially excited.
Why?
Because my friend Lesley was getting married!
I've known Lesley for about 5 years now.
We met when my family started attending the church she goes to.
I've known Mat longer, probably closer to 10 years, but we were only acquaintances in homeschool choir.
When I first started attending their church, I thought I noticed something between them, and after some somewhat snoopy questions on my part, my suspicions were confirmed. Lesley and Mat were "together". Only Lesley wasn't really allowed to date until she was 16, so it wasn't official yet (I think they were around 13 and 14 when I started going to their church), but it was unofficially official. And I watched them grow up. I watched Lesley's relationship status change to "in a relationship with Mat" when they officially started dating. And I was excited for her.
Then one day, Lesley changed her relationship status to "engaged". And I knew Mathew had popped the question. For them, I don't think it was ever a question of "will we get married?", but more along the lines of "WHEN will we get married?"
So on that sunny August day in 2013, they got married.
and I had the privilege of photographing their wedding with Courtney Reese.
This was my 4th wedding as a second shooter for Courtney, and I had a blast! our time was divided up between driving to Chick-Fil-A for sweet tea, taking selfies with Lesley's phone, dancing at the reception, eating yummy food and ice cream, and actually taking "real" photos. and it was fabulous.
So here we go! Mat and Lesley's wedding day through my camera and lens! :)
(and if you want to see Courtney's amazing photos from the day, go here.)
hehe, sorry Lesley! I had to include it... ;)
Meet Maverick. Lesley's nephew. Cutest ring bearer ever? Pretty much.
We may or may not have gone to get sweet tea and milkshakes at Chick-Fil-A after taking their photos. ;)
I absolutely loved the look of their cake! Adorbable.
Congratulations, Les and Mat! :)
I can't wait to see where God takes you guys in the years to come...aaaand I can't wait to meet your little honeymoon baby. ;D


































No comments:
Post a Comment
Your lovely comments make my day! :)