Saturday, July 10, 2010

Photography Class

In April, I took a portrait photography class from Don Cooper at our local community college. :) I loved it. I learned so much! I am so glad that I took that class, :) In the class, we had to pose and take photos of 2 different models, and we also had a homework assignment. :)

For the first class shoot, we did an "antique" style portrait of a Civil War re-enactor named Skip. He was fun. I wanted a photo of him smiling, because he has a contagious smile...but he refused to smile while being photographed. :( He said it was "inauthentic", and a photo of from the 1850's wouldn't have had anyone smiling in it. 
 This photo (below) I took from where I was sitting. It wasn't my turn to get up and photograph him, but I saw how the other people posed him, and I loved this pose. :D

 Then we did a more "modern" shoot, with a girl named Allie as the model. :) She is very pretty. During this class, a man (I can't remember his name) who is a portrait photographer also gave us tips and helped us pose the model. These are my two favorite. There was another pose that is beautiful, but I accidentally changed my WB, and the photos of that pose came out with a blue glow on her skin. :/

 My homework. The assignment was to use "window lighting" to shoot a portrait of someone. My cousin wanted to model for me, and here are my favorites. Mr. Cooper told me that they were both really good (although he was telling stuff like that to most of the people in the class :D).
I am hoping to take more classes from him in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)