Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snowfall in October!

I woke up to my 5:55 alarm, but snuggled back down into the covers, not wanting to get out of my cozy bed.
After I finally forced myself to get up and dressed for milking the cows, I glanced out the window, expecting to see snow. It was too dark to tell if it was laying, but I could see snowflakes falling gently through the tree branches.
Ready to start the milking, I walked out our garage, towards the barn. 
Snowflakes swirled all around me, pelting me in the face. 
I breathed in and let it out, pretending I was a fire-breathing dragon.
In the middle of the lane, I leaned my head back and stuck out my tongue. 
The huge, fluffy snowflakes floated down from out of the grey clouds.
 Some landed on my tongue, 
some on my eyelashes, 
some on the tip of my freezing nose.
Feeling like a little kid, I started singing.
 "I'm dreaminggg of a whiiiite...halloween?"
Laughing, I skipped a little, and went to milk the cows.

I don't ever remember seeing snow in October before.
Granted, it is October 29th, so it's almost November.
But still. Haha. :)
Photobucket
This is my friend's house. 
I loved that the yellow leaves had so much snow on them. It's beautiful!
Photobucket

My mom sent me into town (in the snow! I don't like driving in snow) to pick my sister up...This is a picture of the police station in town.
Photobucket

Our German Shepherd, Daisy. :)
Photobucket

Here's my little brother, being the most adorable brother ever. :)
Photobucket
This photo (below) reminds me of the line from the song from The Sound of Music.
"...Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes..."
(The person in the picture is my cousin, by the way). :)
Photobucket

And I took a picture of myself with snow in my hair and on my hat. :)
Photobucket
I don't know about you, but I could really go for some global warming right now...Hahaha! :D
Wow, snow in October. Who would've thought?

Well, there's only one thing to do when the weather is like this. Go cuddle up with a blanket, a good movie, some hot chocolate, the people you love, and enjoy your evening! :)
~Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)