Hello dear readers,
I realize that it's been a while since I've posted, but I'll chalk it up to finals and Christmas celebrations/preparations (actually...It's just that I'm not good at remembering to blog, and it gets pushed aside). :) Haha, oh well. I had hoped to get caught up in blogging all my photo shoots, but that hasn't happened yet (obviously). Buuut, here's a little update and some photos to show you what I've been up to lately. :)
My first semester as a full-time college student ended two weeks ago. Finals went well, and I ended up with three A's and one B. I am VERY happy with those grades.
My favorite class was Psychology, mainly because the professor, Dr. C, is the best professor. :) He had us do a project he called "Change the World." And this is a photo I took, inspired by him and his project.
Ceramics was my second favorite class, it was a lot of fun!
These are my favorite items I made. I loved learning the pottery wheel. :)
I've started learning how to play the ukulele.
Why ukulele? Because it's such a happy instrument. I love it.
(By the way, its name is Luke the Ukulele). :)
And I've taken up painting.
It's so relaxing.
I've decided that life should be about loving people, not judging them.
I live for my Savior. Yahweh.
My motto: Smile everyday. :)
(Aren't these bracelets the coolest thing ever? You can find them here, there are so many words to choose from, you can choose any color wristband, they're only $5.00, plus a portion of the proceeds go towards building drinking wells in Africa! I got some to give as Christmas gifts this year).
I recently added the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 lens to my camera bag, and I'm loving it! The angle is so much wider than my 50mm, and I can get way closer to the subject.
(I was testing it out on my brother, I love how sharp the photos are). :)
And because tomorrow is Christmas, I'd like to remind you of the real reason we celebrate Christmas. God the Son choosing to come to the world, so we could be saved.
Born in a stable, He gave up everything...Because He loves us.
That's true love, right there. And it's completely amazing to think about.
Well, that's all for right now.
I promise that I'll post again soon.
Merry Christmas, everyone. :)
~Valerie









No comments:
Post a Comment
Your lovely comments make my day! :)