Saturday, May 4, 2013

the Petkof family {Greece, July 2012}

When I was in Greece last summer, I had the opportunity to meet and take photos of the Petkof family. They are Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) missionaries in Greece and do a lot of work with the gypsy kids that I adore. My family (we volunteer with CEF) has prayed for their family for the past 6 years, so meeting them almost felt like I was meeting celebrities! My team just didn't understand how excited I was to meet the Petkofs, and it was probably one of the highlights of last summer...but I must confess that was pretty nervous about meeting them too. :)
They picked me up at a bus stop after church on a hot, sunny Sunday afternoon in July, and we drove to The White Tower and took family pictures in record time. (The guys were hungry and ready to be back in air conditioning! ...haha, I wasn't exactly enjoying the crazy hot weather either.) 
After the photoshoot, they took me and Bee to their house for lunch. It was a crazy afternoon (Mr Mike had somewhere to be and Michael was leaving on a church trip that afternoon), but I quite enjoyed myself. Alex (the youngest), being an adorably sweet host, offered to put in a movie (sadly, it was in Greek and I wasn't able to understand it) while we were waiting for the pizza to get out of the oven. Michael went on and on about how good his mom's pizza is...then we ate. and ohmygoodness, her pizza is fabulous! You haven't lived until you've had Ms Linda's pizza. She is, without a doubt, the Pizza Queen. :D
 Looking back, I wish I had gotten a photo of myself with them, but I hope to go back to Greece again someday...so maybe I'll be able to get a photo with them then. :)

Dear Mr Mike, Ms Linda, Michael, Peter, and Alex,
Thank you so much for your hospitality and allowing me the opportunity to take photos of you, even though you were super busy! It was such a privilege. Even though we were only together for a few hours, I felt like I was part of your family. I love you guys, and I hope we meet again someday (in Greece, preferably, but you know y'all are welcome anytime at my home in Maryland!) :) I pray God's continued blessings on your ministries.
Thanks again! <3
 photo DSC_2623_zpsa47d423d.jpg
 photo DSC_2644_zps6b532c22.jpg

This is Alex.
 photo DSC_2648_zpsf0515fe9.jpg

This is Peter.
 photo DSC_2651_zps2e22bbde.jpg

And this is Michael.
 photo DSC_2663_zpsed759b94.jpg

The guys. :)
 photo DSC_2670_zps78d0654e.jpg
 photo DSC_2686_zpsa5b4f147.jpg
 photo DSC_2693_zpsc121acb8.jpg

Haha, I love Alex's expression. :)
 photo DSC_2696_zps165a9ea8.jpg
 photo DSC_2704_zps314734b4.jpg
 photo DSC_2733_zps526fc7fb.jpg
 photo DSC_2739_zps9ce8cb28.jpg
 photo DSC_2753_zps63cc6bc2.jpg
 photo DSC_2754_zpsb3830de4.jpg
 photo DSC_2762_zps78e543df.jpg
 photo DSC_2767_zpsad624aa7.jpg
 photo DSC_2774_zps8c7a2c55.jpg
 photo DSC_2780_zps0992f3aa.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)