Wednesday, January 15, 2014

33 photos from 2013.

This was supposed to be a "13 favorite photos from 2013" post,
but it turned into a "33 favorite photos from 2013" post.
Because all the photos are my favorites.
And sometimes I have a hard time choosing photos for a blog post.

I call it "the photographers curse".
or just indecisiveness.
Ehh, I really can't decide which to call it.
haha. ;)

Jokes aside though, 2013 was another amazing year.
As I was putting this post together, I was reminded of everything God did for me this past year. He provided my renewed passport days (literally, like, 4 days) before I was scheduled to leave for Africa. He provided the funds for me to travel to Mexico, Uganda, New Zealand, and Australia. He placed witnessing opportunities in my path. He gave me more than I could humanly handle, but walked with me through it. For me, 2013 was a year of highs and lows, boldness, learning, living my dreams, and trusting God.

To my 2013 Valerie Beth Photography clients and those who made my world travels possible in 2013, THANK YOU!

Enjoy 33 of my absolute favorite photos from 2013!
PS. all the photos were taken by me, unless I'm in the photo. ;)


To view more photos from the "H" sibling photoshoot, click here.
DSC_7050

In June, I went on a missions trip to build a house for a family in Baja California, Mexico.
Isn't this an amazing view?!
The sunsets were fantastic.
DSC_9132
DSC_9337

I loved that these girlies were such hams for the camera!
They also corrected me when I tried to speak Spanish. haha. :)
DSC_9349
DSC_9420

In August, I spent two weeks at Boanerges Deaf Initiative in Kawempe, Uganda.
DSC_0091

This is my budding photographer buddy, Samuel. Love him to pieces! :)
DSC_0177

He took this hilarious picture of me on one of the first days I was in Uganda. Talk about crash-course in Sign Language! :)
DSC_0224

My beautiful girl, Sharon. :)
DSC_0401
DSC_1004
DSC_1638
DSC_1680
DSC_2000

My girls, Sharon, Patricia, and Benitar. <3
DSC_2558

To see more photos from Tyler W's senior session, go here. :)
DSC_2885

The first of my close friends to get married! Lesley and Mat got married in August, and I had the privilege of being the second shooter! :)
More photos coming soon!
DSC_4034

Then I went to New Zealand for 6.5 weeks.
Hello, Auckland! :)
DSC_4579

New Zealand is EASILY the most stunningly, beautiful place I have ever been.
It almost made me want to become a landscape photographer!
DSC_4901

Did I mention that I got to tour the Hobbiton Movie Set? :)
Hello, Bag End (that's Bilbo Baggins' home, in case you aren't a fan of The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit).
DSC_5173

This is Mt. Egmont (or Mt. Taranaki), in Taranaki (tara-NACK-ee), North Island, New Zealand.
One word.
Breathtaking.
DSC_5690

Ohawera (oh-HOW-er-uh) Beach, Taranaki region, NZ.
DSC_5814
DSC_6072

A place called Te Anau (pronounced similar to Tey/ANNIE-ow), on the South Island of New Zealand. 
Stunning, yes? :)
DSC_6730

"S-Sy-Syd-Sydn-Sydne-SYDNEY! It says SYDNEY!" ~Dori from Finding Nemo 
I absolutely LOVED getting the chance to go to Australia.
I've dreamed about it for a long time, and I still can't believe that it actually happened in 2013! :)
DSC_6978

My friend, Kali, from YWAM (Youth With A Mission) is Australian, which is how I ended up going to Australia for a week. I had the honor of taking photos for her family (aaand I also managed to jump into a few of the photos, hehe). ;)
More photos from this shoot coming soon!
DSC_7611

Me and Kali. I was SO blessed to be able to spend a week with her in October! <3
YWAM friends are friends for life!
DSC_7665
DSC_7904
DSC_7929

To see more photos from Aaron's senior session, click here.
DSC_8057

To see the rest of Noel's senior photos, go here.
DSC_8502
DSC_8991

I also got the chance to do senior photos for my sister's friend, Bethany.
Full blog post coming soon!
DSC_9312

And I also took photos for the Walls family! 
More photos coming soon! :)
DSC_9842

Here's to a fantastic 2014! <3
~Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day! :)